The following checklist is for candidates interested in using Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds to attend GTPE courses.
Application and Approval
- Meet with your advisor at your Georgia Department of Labor Career Center to:
- Determine your eligibility in the WIOA program.
- Identify approved providers and programs.
- Browse our website for courses and certificate programs of interest.
- Create an account profile on our website.
- Email email@example.com to request an acceptance letter and provide the following information:
- The list of courses and dates you wish to attend
- The name of your county WIOA office
- The name of your WIOA advisor
- Receive your GTPE acceptance letter by email within 3-5 business days.
- Meet with your workforce development advisor to:
- Review your GTPE acceptance letter and program selection.
- Receive program approval.
Vouchers and Registration
- Approval by your WIOA office may take several months, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Registration cannot be completed until the voucher is received by GTPE.
- Once the voucher is issued to GTPE, you will be notified and GTPE will process your registration, dependent upon course availability.
- Changes to course selections after issuance of the voucher may impact program completion.
- Issuance of the GTPE acceptance letter does not guarantee WIOA approval.
- Issuance of the WIOA voucher does not guarantee a seat in the program. Courses may fill before a voucher is issued.
- Attendance in each course is required for successful completion. Missing any one course will result in removal from all remaining courses.
Georgia Department of Labor
Georgia Department of Labor Career Centers
WIOA Area Administrators