Important 2018 Dates » Application deadline: May 1 » Program begins: August 20
Admission to the Professional Master’s in Occupational Safety and Health (PMOSH) program is based on an applicant’s professional experience, prior education, and competencies.
Please be sure to fulfill the following requirements and gather the items below before beginning the application process:
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school with a competitive GPA of at least 3.0.
2. Proof of English Proficiency (i.e., TOEFL). Exempted if degree was earned from a university where English is the language of instruction.
3. At least one year of professional work experience (post-Bachelor’s degree) in a safety and health general industry or construction related fields.
4. Three letters of recommendation. Letters should come from past and current supervisors, outlining your skills and capabilities, and describing why you should be considered for admission. As you complete your online application, you will be asked to list your recommender's name and contact information. Your recommenders will then receive an email, inviting them to complete an online letter of recommendation.
5. A required essay/statement of purpose (no more than one page). The essay/statement of purpose should include:
Why you should be considered?
What experience you can bring to the program?
What you expect to take away from the program to enhance your professional career?
6. A resume including work and educational experience.
7. An official transcript sent from each accredited school in which you received a degree.
Application deadline, including all supporting documents, for the fall 2018 cohort is May 1, 2018.
Partner with Georgia Tech to hire a veteran. As a partner, the Georgia Tech program will train military members in areas that directly translate to their job duties.
Georgia Tech Professional Education allows working professionals and industry partners to access the expertise of a world-renowned technological research university. As an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, we embrace the Georgia Tech values of integrity, excellence, impact, and innovation. These values drive every aspect of our programs.