Human-Computer Interaction II: Cognition and Culture
What You Will Learn
- The role of mental models in guiding human interaction with user interfaces
- The role of representations in informing the development of accurate mental models
- The sorts of errors, slips, and mistakes humans are prone to and how to address them
- Methods for decomposing human interaction into manipulable chunks
- Hierarchical task analysis for understanding assumptions about human knowledge and ability
- Distributed cognition for designing larger systems comprised of humans and interfaces
- GOMS (Goals, Operators, Methods, and Selection) models for articulating user interaction with a system
Want to see all Massive Open Online Courses?
The course schedule was well-structured with a mix of lectures, class discussions, and hands-on exercises led by knowledgeable and engaging instructors.