Human-Computer Interaction III: Ethics, Needfinding and Prototyping
Massive Open Online Course
What You Will Learn
- The structure of the design life cycle: needfinding, brainstorming, prototyping, and evaluation
- The value of research ethics and the importance of emphasizing the user’s rights
- The role of Institutional Review Boards in governing university research
- The importance of ethics in industry and the mechanisms for ensuring they are maintained
- Mechanisms for active needfinding, including surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Approaches to personal needfinding, including participant observation and apprenticeship
- Ways to observe organic interaction, such as naturalistic observation or investigation of hacks and workarounds
Want to see all Massive Open Online Courses?
The course schedule was well-structured with a mix of lectures, class discussions, and hands-on exercises led by knowledgeable and engaging instructors.