FinTech Education at Georgia Tech
Powering the Future of FinTech Education
Financial technology, or FinTech, is revolutionizing the way the financial services industry operates. Financial service firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are all increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing cybersecurity, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
To succeed in this new environment, fintech professionals will need to pursue learning and development opportunities to reskill and upskill in preparation for leadership in an ever-changing marketplace.
As a collaboration between Georgia’s fintech industry and the University System of Georgia, Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) is designing and developing FinTechU, a FinTech education program aimed at providing the required training to enter and be successful in the FinTech sector.
Whether you’re a rising executive at a financial services firm, an entrepreneur who has launched or plans to launch a FinTech startup, or an individual working in the payments industry, the key competencies and skills being developed as part of Georgia Tech’s new fintech program will provide you the knowledge you need for any stage of your career.
Who Should Attend?
The program is appropriate for a wide range of professionals:
- Mid- to senior-level management in finance
- Senior management leading FinTech function
- Technology, growth, business, and innovation consultants
- Professionals working in payments, finance, lending, banking, financial services, IT, health IT, security, regulatory, venture capitals, startups, customer experiences
Specific target roles for this program include:
- Product Managers
- Senior Software Engineers
- Solutions Consultant
- Senior Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Java Developer
- Strategy Manager
- FinTech Strategy Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Devops Engineer
The program is intended for individuals with general knowledge of the financial system and of basic finance concepts. Additionally, individuals who have a keen interest in exploring and understanding these topics will also benefit from participating in the program:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- IT Automation
- SQL Databases and Programming
- Product Management
- Cloud Solutions
- Software Development
- Data Science and Analysis
- Risk Management
- Edge Computing
Learn Fundamental Financial Technology Concepts
- The foundations of FinTech
- Financial technologies
- Commercial banking and FinTech
- Financial data analytics
- Info security for FinTech
Prepare for the Fintech Revolution
- Gain an overview of FinTech and its applications in financial services.
- Explore technology's role in reshaping FinTech businesses.
- Address and forecast FinTech's impact on banking.
- Apply modern financial data analytics used in business and FinTech applications.
- Understand the arenas of security of information and information systems.
The financial services industry in the past is vastly different from its needs for the future. FinTech education that adapts to the pace of change will bolster the ability for workers and corporations alike to innovate and transform.