In addition to serving lifetime learners, GTPE staff are lifetime learners themselves. They pursue learning opportunities throughout the year and seek ways to contribute to the Georgia Tech community. Here are some accomplishments from the last year.
Accomplishments and Recognition
- Kerry Jarvis, marketing communications manager, was accepted into the 2019-2020 Leadership Savannah Class.
- Randy Kouns, IT support professional manager, was accepted into a Doctoral program that he began in the fall.
- Steve Harmon, associate dean of research, accepted the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) Annual Achievement Award on behalf of the Georgia Tech Commission on Creating the Next in Education.
- Patrice Miles, assistant dean of business operations, received the Walton S. Bittner Service Citation from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA).
- Bobby Strickland, senior graphic designer, received the Service to the Community Award at the 2019 Georgia Tech Staff Awards.
- The Marketing & Digital Strategy Team was honored for their excellence in best marketing practices and promotional pieces with nine awards from The Council for Advancement and Support of Education, The Content Marketing Institute, and the University Professional and Continuing Education Association.
- Dean Nelson Baker was promoted to full professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Marsha Walker was promoted to the rank of Senior Lecturer.
- James Wilburn was promoted to the rank of Senior Academic Professional.
- Jeff Fischer, director of information technology II, is on the new steering committees for the Georgia Tech Technology Strategic Planning effort and the Service Management effort.
- Jeff Fischer, Mike Sewell, IT service delivery manager, and Bobby Wellman, senior IT support professional manager will participate in the new OneIT Peer Coaching Program.
- Yakut Gazi, associate dean for learning systems, Stefany Sanders, director of marketing and digital strategy, and Jennifer Wooley, director of academic programs, graduated from Georgia Tech’s Leading Women @ Tech.
- Stephen Harmon, completed Georgia Tech’s Emerging Leaders Program.
- Kelsey Harris, digital communications specialist, Brenda Sanders, senior graphic designer, and Adam Wright, online media operations coordinator, completed the Georgia Tech ASPIRE program.
- Theo McNair, interactive instructional media production lead, completed the Inclusive Leaders Academy.
- Mike Sewell is taking part in the OneIT Steering Committee.
- Bobby Wellman was accepted in the MOR/Georgia Tech Digital Leaders Program.